Who we are
Our Campaign Culture
An organization’s culture is what happens when no one is looking. Our campaign is citizen driven and will always treat residents and volunteers with complete respect and gratitude. Of course, the goal is to win this specific election. WE also firmly believe that there is a better, more genuine, way to run a political campaign in Niagara Falls and beyond. How? By sticking to our campaign culture, everyday:
1. WE are running for Mayor.
2. Neighborhood Investment. Professional Management. Leadership NF can be proud of.
3. Citizens are more important than the candidate.
4. Running to do something not to be something.
5. Composure is taken, not lost. Nothing takes this campaign’s composure, ever. Temperament separates servant leaders from politicians.
6. Worry about everything. Panic about nothing.
7. Never deal in nice but vague rhetoric. Be specific.
8. Out walk/work everyone, everyday. Every neighborhood, four times.
9. If WE spent more time talking politics than issues, we lost that day.
10. Always respond but never react.
11. Answer every person, call, question and comment with respect. Listening > Speaking.
12. If something does not feel genuine, shut it down or the voters will.
13. WE are running a different style of campaign, on purpose.
14. You are leading this campaign not working it. You and your time are appreciated. Thank you.
15. WE will be proud of every word and moment of this effort.
Traditional political campaigns focus on an individual, but government only changes when many people work together. Doesn’t make much sense, right? We agree.
Seth strongly believes in the power of teamwork and transparency. His approach to change in Niagara Falls, from Pints for Progress to participatory budgeting, is formed by people creating community around new ideas. His 2019 mayoral campaign will be led by that same principle.
There is no campaign slogan, just a statement: We are Running for Mayor. Niagara Falls is home for all of us. Our city’s greatest resource is the creativity and resolve of the people who live here. Most politicians ask for a signature, a sign location, your vote and maybe a photo. That “give me” culture is why most people tune out politics at all levels. It’s also not our style. Instead, Seth is asking for your expertise, your honest opinions, and the opportunity to present a different approach to local politics in Niagara Falls.
Everyone is welcomed in to be part of this team. Have an idea for this city or campaign? Please share it. Want to see what this is all about in person? Please come to one of our events and try us out. Want to talk to Seth directly? Please contact us. This campaign is a conversation, and we need to start talking to each other, face to face, much more often.
There is a unique power in “We.” When people come together, remarkable things can happen. We hope that you will check out the community being created around Seth’s campaign. Talk to you soon.